Group Ride: On the Trail of Lee Harvey Oswald
September 21, 2010 § 17 Comments
Join BFOC for a group bicycle ride on Sunday, October 17th, at 2:30PM starting at Dealey Plaza in Downtown Dallas, and passing the infamous residences of JFK’s alleged assassin. This was the group ride that launched BFOC in 2008, and is one of our favorites. Our ride will take us over the 1912 Houston Street Viaduct, crossing into North Oak Cliff, and stopping at pivotal spots from that fateful day in 1963. We’ll end up our ride passing through the Bishop Arts District, stopping for drinks at Eno’s.
This ride will be weather permitting so check back for updates. Highlights of the trip will include:
- Meeting in front of the Sixth Floor Museum
– Riding over the 1912 Houston Street Viaduct
– stopping at 1026 N. Beckley, last residence of Lee Harvey Oswald
– Following LHO’s escape route to the site where JD. Tippit was shot
– Visit the Texas Theatre, site of LHO’s capture
– Ride through the Bishop Arts District and stop at Eno’s Tavern
– stopping at 214 W. Neely, site of infamous Oswald “Backyard Photos”
The following link is a map of our proposed route: http://tr.im/4fdy
View the Facebook event here.
2008 BFOC Tracing the Footsteps of Lee Harvey Oswald Group Ride (photo by Brian Green)