One Car No Car Series: 2011 1 day/52 week No Car Challenge
January 1, 2011 § 67 Comments
The New Year invokes change. Our calendar resets itself, we get back to the gym after a long hiatus, and we usually look for something to improve upon in the next year. Here is our challenge for you:
Go without a car one day a week for 52 weeks
Here are the rules:
- Must chose an alternative mode of transportation for errands, work, or pleasure trips for round trips from your current residence
- Public Transportation
- Other non-motorized vehicle
- Must be for at least one 24 hour consecutive period per week
- Use the Honor System!
- Submit a reply to this post once a week after your non-motorized vehicular day!
- Describe your day; the highs, the lows and whatever else you’d like to share
Here are the rewards:
- We’ll give you a one of a kind tee-shirt and possible future incentives at NYE 2011
- Satisfaction knowing that:
- “Not driving just one day a week can reduce CO2 emissions by about 8 pounds per week. That adds up to about 400 pounds of CO2 per year.” http://hernadi-key.blogspot.com/2008/11/start-saving-carbon-now.html