1/29/2009 Update! We’ve had 76 people confirm to date, and an additional 85 “maybe attending”. This should be a great ride!
Join BFOC for a group bicycle ride on Sunday, February 1, at 2:30PM starting at Dealey Plaza in Downtown Dallas, and passing the infamous residences of JFK’s alleged assassin. Our ride will take us over the 1912 Houston Street Viaduct, crossing into North Oak Cliff, and stopping at pivotal spots from that fateful day in 1963. The president of the Texas Theatre Renovation project will open the doors to the theatre and give our group a tour of the building Oswald was eventually captured in. We’ll end up our ride passing through the Bishop Arts District, stopping for drinks at Eno’s.
This ride will be weather permitting. We’ve had an unseasonably warm winter so far, but if temperatures drop below 50 degrees, we’ll plan on rescheduling. Check back prior to the ride date for updates. Also, this is on Super Bowl Sunday, but it’s well before start time, so we should all have plenty of time to get back and enjoy the game.
Highlights of the trip will include:
– Meeting in front of the Sixth Floor Museum
– Riding over the 1912 Houston Street Viaduct
– stopping at 1026 N. Beckley, last residence of Lee Harvey Oswald
– Following LHO’s escape route to the site where JD. Tippit was shot
– Tour the inside of the Texas Theatre, site of LHO’s capture
– Ride through the Bishop Arts District and stop at Eno’s Tavern
– stopping at 214 W. Neely, site of infamous Oswald “Backyard Photos”
The following link is a map of our proposed route: http://tr.im/4fdy