AJ Vagabonds and BFOC are bringing back the history group bike ride: On the Trail of Lee Harvey Oswald. Join us on Sunday, November 21st at 1PM starting at the Grassy Knoll / Dealey Plaza in Downtown Dallas, and passing the infamous residences of JFK’s alleged assassin. This was the group ride that launched BFOC in 2008, and is one of our favorites. Our ride will take us over the 1912 Houston Street Viaduct, crossing into North Oak Cliff, and stopping at pivotal spots from that fateful day in 1963.
This ride will be weather permitting so check back for updates. Highlights of the trip will include:
– Meeting in front of the Sixth Floor Museum
– Riding over the 1912 Houston Street Viaduct
– Stopping at 1026 N. Beckley, last residence of Lee Harvey Oswald
– Following LHO’s escape route to the site where JD. Tippit was shot
– Visit the Texas Theatre, site of LHO’s capture
– Ride through the Bishop Arts District
– Beers at AJ Vagabonds, 336 W Eighth Street in the historic Bishop Arts District
– Stopping at 214 W. Neely, site of infamous Oswald “Backyard Photos”
– Back to Downtown
View the Facebook event here.