On July 14, 7:00 PM, the third annual Bastille on Bishop event celebrating everything French will take place in the Bishop Arts District. This year BFOC is adding a bicycle element to the mix of crepes, wine, mussels, music, French cars and more!
Le Tour de Bastille will be a group ride to the event from the Main Street Garden. Meet up is at 6:00 PM and departure is at 6:15 PM. Riders are encourage to dress in their best French style, including Tour de France new or old, high fashion or whatever French means to you!
After arriving at Bastille on Bishop, the Hot and Sweaty Tandemonium Bike Race will kick off at 7:30 PM. PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED HERE . No Entry fees. Race check-in begins at 6:30 PM. Racers will be required to race through the streets of north Oak Cliff on a tandem bicycle they provide, following a prescribed course with check points throughout the route. At each checkpoint, there will be a challenge question or activity. The winner will win the Yellow Jersey, with places for 2nd, 3rd and Best Style!
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be dressed in French inspired clothing
- Must be 2 participants and 1 tandem bicycle per entry
- Must use a tandem bicycle
- Must adhere to all traffic laws, including traffic signals and stop signs
- Must stay on course (on the honor system)
- Must have front and rear lighting
- Must wear helmets