50 years ago, the city of Dallas was forever changed by a major tragedy…the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. To honor this date in history, BFOC is bringing back the Tracing the Footsteps of Lee Harvey Oswald history tour bicycle ride on Saturday, November 23rd, at 1:30 PM starting at Dealey Plaza in Downtown Dallas, and passing the infamous residences of JFK’s alleged assassin. This was the group ride that launched BFOC in 2008, and is one of our favorites. Our ride will take us into Oak Cliff and stopping at pivotal spots from that fateful day in 1963. Past rides have had over 100 attend…this will probably be even larger!
When: November 23, 2013 at 1:30PM
Where: Meet at Dealey Plaza
This ride will be weather permitting so check back for updates. Highlights of the trip will include:
– Meeting in front of the Sixth Floor Museum
– Stopping at 1026 N. Beckley, last residence of Lee Harvey Oswald
– Following LHO’s escape route to the site where JD. Tippit was shot and killed
– Visit the Texas Theatre, site of LHO’s capture
– Ride through the Bishop Arts District
– Stopping at 214 W. Neely, site of the infamous Oswald “Backyard Photos”
Dressing up is encouraged!
The Facebook event is here.